Saturday, March 13, 2010

Going Green in Chicago

I was debating going downtown Chicago with the kids to see the St. Patty's Day Parade and greening of the Chicago River, but then I was reminded that we have a dinner/party to attend.  My uncle actually called and invited us a week ahead of time, which is amazing planning for my extended family, and I know everyone is excited about going.  Sadly, there is not much in the way of St. Patrick's Day fun out here in the suburb for the rest of the weekend or week.

I am expecting to have a nice day tomorrow, and the drive means the chance to pass potential shopping sites-- my brothers are going to hate me.  I really want to see if the couple, small used bookstores we used to visit are still open. 

Till then though, because its a quarter to five and everyone in the house is sleeping still except for me, I will have to be content with shopping online.  I have amassed a tidy sum of Amazon dollars from Swagbucks and other places, and I have been dying to spend it on myself for once.  

So, I saw that there was a March Madness Jewelry Sale! Tons of beautiful things, but I saw this...... 
10k White Gold Created Emerald 4 Leaf Clover Pendant, 18"
and I started wondering if it might have any effect against all the bad luck I have.  Or keep the triple sixes away-- yes, they still haunt me everywhere I go. Either way, its pretty. 


Or, these!
Nine West Women's Beaulah Mary Jane,Med Green,8.5 M US 
Love the cutout look, but I have the feeling Missy would steal these in a heartbeat. 

And I can totally wear this on my arm. 
Etienne Aigner Stonebridge Hobo,Grass,one size
Funny story, the other week my younger brother told me he was at the mall and saw a purse that he knew I would love. His words, "There was this purse on the table and I looked at it and all I could think about was you and how it was totally your style. You would love it!". 


Now I'm thinking this is really weird.  My brother never talks purses, and I don't ever recall him telling me he saw something I would like.  Except for that one free toothbrush he got, I can't remember the last time I got anything from him.  


So now, I need to figure out a way to train my brother to spot the things I like, and then bring them home to me. Any ideas?

Right now I am leaning towards the four leaf clover.  I really need something to counter my bad luck. 



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's St. Patrick's parade day here in Nwport, too. How can I tell? It's cold, raining, and the wind is blowing a gale! In it's 54-year history the parade has only had 5 or 6 good days; the rest of the time the weather has always been horrendous. And they won't cancel or postpone; the parade goes on no matter what. They marched in a blizzard in 1993; 10 units actually hung in there and marched the whole 1.5 mile route (there are usually close to 200 units involved). Am I going to the parade? Huh! I'm not a masochist!

    Have fun shopping. BYW, it looks like some pictures you intended for this post never showed up, or you forgot to put in some links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same brother that was quoting Voltaire? Is he okay?

    I really like that pendant, even more so because it is silver, not gold.

    We have been all about the green here lately, Irish cooking that is. Just about every night I have cooked up something that I remember my grandmother or great grandmother making as a child. I think that Art is about to scream at me soon. I can almost hear it now, "I am Mexican, not Irish. Cut out the potatoes and cabbage for a night!"

    ReplyDelete