Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's Opera Season!


As much as I hate the end of summer I cannot help but get excited at the start of opera season, as well as all the other production companies that are starting their season.  Here in Chicago we have the Lyric Opera, which has been around since the fifties.  

This year though, they are performing my absolute favorite opera though, Carmen!  I cannot wait to try and snag some good seats.  

The twins and I already started the season off with a trip downtown to catch the free Stars of the Lyric Opera concert in Millennium Park. 



Christine is a bigger fan of opera than her sister, and she was beside herself with excitement.  As the day wore on she actually started driving me nuts, bugging to get to the park in order to get seats up front instead of sitting on the lawn like I had planned.  

Now all the twins can talk about is going to the opera and insist that tickets to see Macbeth or Carmen are all they want for their birthday next month.  I think if I asked my brothers to chip in for tickets it might be possible, but I don't know right now.  I do know that I would love to take them though.  

Anyone else love the opera? 

No comments:

Post a Comment