Friday, October 29, 2010

Ten Minute Halloween Costume: Mickey Mouse & Friday Hops

Okay, so you all saw the first of our ten minute Halloween costumes, the Flamenco dancer which was entirely put together from things we already owned.  Mickey Mouse is another idea that was thrown out there, but as soon as we got everything on someone decided Minnie would be better-- remember what I said yesterday about the whole changing their minds every other day. 

Once it was all one, Catherine decided it was too cutesy and she went back to vampire.   But, if you have a little one that wants to be Mickey this is easy enough.

Anywho, here is a ten minute Halloween costume, cheap too!




To make this costume you need:

  • Long sleeved black shirt
  • Black pants or leggings
  • Red shorts
  • White gloves
  • Pair of Mickey Ears-- we made some with the help of a headband 
  • White cloth or felt
  • Black face makeup
The only actual stitching you should have to do is to attach the white buttons to the belt on Mickey's shorts.  

Today I am linking up to:
Smart and Trendy Moms



I know I wrote a post about my feelings on the whole blog hop thing, but several bloggers suggested that I was not doing it right (ok). So, if you are visiting from one of the hops, please comment and let me know so I can get a better idea of how many ppl actually take the time to hop. Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. This is my first blog hop, so I might not be doing it right! :) But, Social Parade helped me find your blog, so that's a good thing! I look forward to reading your blog.

    Have a fun Halloween! ~Jamie

    http://www.SaysJamie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am following via smart and trendy hop. Your blog is beautiful. You can find me at www.adoctorandanurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following back!

    And thank you for being # 500! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit at 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
    Following you back via GFC....
    Love this idea...:-) Happy Halloween
    Melanie
    www.twoboysonegirlandacrazymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute costume!! I am your latest follower from this and that.
    Tori
    http://thriftytori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am a new follower from Friday's blog hops. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the costume! I like that it's so easy to make too! Thanks so much for linking up with us on Ten Talents! Glad you like the linkys :)

    Blessings,
    Stephanie
    Ten Talents

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the All hallows Eve Hop.. if you haven't followed my, hope you will visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, stopping by from the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop! Please feel free to stop by my blog :-) Thanks!

    Heather
    MyWorkOfHeart.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the weekend blog hop! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Take a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. Everything is handmade and GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-hop-relax-surf-sunday.html
    following you

    ReplyDelete