Friday, November 5, 2010

Amazon Video Purchase, The Gift That Keeps on Giving!

I know a lot of folks are bargain hunting right now with Christmas right around the corner, and I appreciate all the deals that bloggers post. A couple months ago, I took advantage of one of those deals and pre-ordered Toy Story 3 on DVD (which arrived this past week) at a super price.

Toy Story 3 
Because the original price actually was reduced, I got an email stating that my Amazon account had been credited the difference, making it an even better deal.  I did not pay anything out of pocket, because I had a $5 amazon credit from Swagbucks and shipping was free.  

Anyway, as soon as the DVD was shipped I was notified that as a reward for purchasing a DVD I earned a $4 Video on Demand Credit.  I love getting these credits because it is a cheap movie night for the girls and I without ever having to go anywhere or choose something else because the movie we want is gone.  

We ended up watching Seraphine, and I still have a dollar credit that we can apply to the next movie night.
Seraphine 
This morning I received yet another email letting me know that Amazon customers that purchased videos were eligible for a $1 subscription to Rolling Stone, US Weekly or Men's Journal! I love Rolling Stone magazine, and even though I get a lot of magazines for free because of the business, this is not one that is offered.  
Rolling Stone (1-year auto-renewal) 

The promotional code that is given is worth $9 so all that is left is $1, which was already in my Amazon account! 
This one purchase is really the gift that keeps on giving. :)

4 comments:

  1. New follower via Surfin' Saturdays :)
    http://jensgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Surfin Saturdays! I'm GFC following

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Came across your blog from one of the blog hops, and looking forward to reading more of your stuff. I am now following... feel free to follow back if you like!!!!
    Stop by my blog to participate in my weekend 6 in 1 blog hop.
    All the best,
    Kim
    http://amoroccan-acat-and-my-bigass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! It's me, Selene. I didn't know you have a blog. Good deal! I also got the $4 video credit for buying How to Train Your Dragon but I have no idea how to use the credit. I am sure I can figure it out I am just too lazy to read the instructions.

    ReplyDelete