Monday, November 29, 2010

Chicago Loves Its Christmas Parades!

Parades and fireworks, two things I love lots!  And I love that here in Chicago, we have tons of them all year round.  Right now the twins and I are getting our fill of all the Christmas parades, and lovin' it!

The Millennium Lights Festival kicks things off (that was last weekend), then there is the Turkey Day Parade, and this past weekend the Electric Christmas Parade. It's hard to believe that just a little over a week ago the girls and I, and my best friend, were walking down the same street in long shirts marveling over how warm it was.

Here is a photo of my BFF with Colonel Baker about ten days ago.
And here are the twins with Colonel Baker on Saturday just as the Electric Christmas Parade was winding down.  It was a frigid 30-- barely-- and we were wrapped up in coats and blankets, enjoying the free hot chocolate.

 I took this picture with my cell phone, so the quality is not good at all.  


There is at least one more Christmas Parade in a small town that I know of, and hopefully I will be able to take the twins to that one as well.  Just found a pic of us from a previous year to add here as well.  The twins got to pet the horses that were pulling Santa's sleigh!
I am so ready for Christmas!

Today I am the feature blog over at Follow Us Monday Morning, head over there and join the blog hop if you already haven't!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm brand new to Follow Us Monday Morning, congratulations on being featured!

    Alpaca Meadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to head to Chicago every Black Friday for the weekend when the kids were younger. Of course we only had a 2 hour drive to be downtown back then and now it is 4. We were talking this weekend about how much we wanted to be on Michigan Ave. to get "in the spirit" of things. I do hate it that you said the windows are no longer outstanding. We used to love to walk State Street and eat in the Walnut Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow at For One Another

    I've followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to spend a weekend in Chicago, experiencing such fun! Thanks for sharing, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm Cheryl, a new follower from Follow Us Monday Morning. Congrats on being featured! Please visit me when you get a chance at www.cherylscraftyjewelry.blogspot.com
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my "after" from Naps! I'm in Chicago too...small world!

    ReplyDelete