Thursday, November 25, 2010

Time for the Turkey Tamales!

Making tamales is a process, and one that when done right, earns you some pretty incredible results.  Every Thanksgiving, well almost every, my family puts a Turkey in the oven for dinner, but we make that turkey into turkey tamales!

They taste delicious, no matter how much work they are.  Actually, the more you do it the less work it is because you get better and go a lot faster.  Anyway, it is near midnight and everyone here is ready to get making.  

We aren't staying up late to make sure it gets done for tomorrow or anything, my family is just a stay up late type of family.  We dine like the Spaniards, late, and believe in three hour family dinners when there is enough to talk about.  

So, tonight we will make the tamales and tomorrow we will feast on them!  I'll be sure to snap some pictures but I can't share the recipe because then I would have to do away with you :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

And don't forget to head over to my book blog, The Opening Lines, to get your entry in for a Borders card before the Thanksgiving Giveaway Hop ends on Friday. 

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! Tamales!

    We have some Maryland and Pennsylvania traditional food coming up today - corn-crab pudding, oyster stuffing, pecan pie, baked apples (this area of PA is big apple country)... I get stuffed just thinking of it all!

    Have a great Thanksgiving, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you from http://www.miraclemomas.com
    http://denkli-satisfyyoursenses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum...I would like that way of having my turkey! Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete