Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Need Ideas for Chinese New Year Themed Party

The twins and I went shopping today for supplies for our Chinese New Year themed party this weekend, but we did not have a lot of success.  We know what we are doing food wise, but I need help with the decorating.  This party is just for the family, but I like to have things looking festive anyway to put us in the mood. 

So we went to the dollar store and the party store to buy some Chinese lanterns, but we didn't find any :/  This past summer I saw tons of lanterns and I kept telling myself I should buy some, but neglected to. 

Luckily, I found this really neat folding paper lantern tutorial here, so the twins and I will be making some of our own tomorrow.  Now I just need to come up with more ideas for decorating. Have any?

When I told the twins that we were going to go with a Chinese New Year theme they were hesitant at first, but only because they thought that this meant that we would not be celebrating the Chinese New Year in Chicago like we do every year.  No worries though, because I love any excuse to take them to the city for some fun!

5 comments:

  1. Do you live in the Chicago area? My husband and I may be moving to North Chicago area if he gets this new job applied for (fingers crossed) and it would be SO cool to celebrate the Chinese new year there! We lived out there before when he was in the Navy but rarely ventured into the city.

    Anyway, I don't have any Chinese decorating tips or ideas, but that sounds like a lot of fun. lol I am zero help, but it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really great, this blog has got really very great article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, make some red envelopes (lucky) and stick a dollar or coupon in there for goodies :) You can even use small red bags they sell at craft stores.

    Hi! We're happily following you via FMBT! We would love for you to follow us if you like what we've got goin' on :)

    kocoandviking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to suggest the lanterns, or dragons.... Did you check Party City?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting such a beautiful blog , i like this blog,This blog make the decision of trying to find work in our current field.

    ReplyDelete