Monday, January 10, 2011

Fiesta! Piñata Pops-- Wilton Pops in a Post

Even though the holidays just passed, I find I am still in the need for a good fiesta!  You know, the get down dancing, drinking and stick shaking kinda fiesta.


Before Christmas, Wilton, the cake decorating people here in Chicago, sent me a huge box full of everything you need to make the increasingly popular cake pops.  Most importantly, was this little book of inspiration and guidance.....
Wilton Pops Sweets on a Stick Book, Softcover
All I had to do was come up with a cake pop of my own to enter in a little Pops in a Post, blogger contest they were sponsoring.  Easy right?  Heh!

Let me start off by saying that I am good at making things taste great, but not so much when it comes to making things look good.  My family doesn't mind that bit much because its all about the taste around here.  Also, I cook, and Missy does the baking-- and we like it that way.  So, no, it was not easy for me, but yes, with all the niftiness I had at my disposal it was easier and I even had some fun.  

So, I decided to make piñata pops, first some stars and then the round ones-- there were some attempts made at the donkey and toro, but that didn't go so well :)


And they even sent me this incredibly easy to put together, cake pop display stand.  See, everyone can put down their stick, no more waiting in line, there are Piñatas for everyone!


To make these cake pops I used the Wilton melting pot (love it!), Wilton lollipop sticks, Wilton candy melts, Wilton pops decorating stand and display tier, and Wilton decorating candies.

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like those! LOL! Is this something new? I feel left behind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool... is that multi-coloured coconut on them?

    my grandkids would love making these.. I wonder if they carry them in Canada...I've never seem them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the round ones the best...the multi-color is beautiful and very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious!

    Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete