Sunday, February 20, 2011

Squidoo Lens Spotlight: Free Woodworking Plans

The Free Woodworking Plans Lens on Squidoo reminds me of why I love Sundays in the Springtime.  Winter Sundays are dedicated to curling up with a good book, a cup of tea and Zorro for a long day in, but Springtime Saturdays are meant for home projects!

I have been dying for some colorful Adirondack chairs for the backyard, near the bonfire area and keep flipping between buying a few chairs or making some. I was just going to buy some, but then I saw that Sue's husband over at I Need Mom made a set for their yard and I decided that I could make a set too. :)


I never did find a set of plans in Sophie though, so those chairs have yet to be made. That brings me back to the Free Woodworking Plans lens!


It's this huge collection of woodworking plans for every type and skill level project you can think up, including projects from magazines and on Project Gutenberg-- a site I love and never knew had this type of resource available till now.

There is even a guide to help you search for plans and advice on the sites that sell woodworking plans.  Now that I know that some of these resources are available, I will be looking for several different woodworking plans for projects that I want to get done around here.  I already searched through one of the sites listed in the lens and found the exact style of window planter boxes that I want made for all the windows.  

I can't wait to get started!

If you are looking for free woodworking plans, be sure to check out this Squidoo lens to help you get started.