Thursday, April 21, 2011

Home-Ec 101 Book Review, Perfect for Grads!

Don't you just hate it when you find the perfect present after the gift giving event? I know I do. 

I know several people who could've used, Home-Ec 101, when they went off to school or moved out of the house. It is chock full of useful information, and funny as heck!

Luckily, this baby arrived before Missy, the Queen of burning things, leaves for college so I have the chance to share it with her. I think being her older sister was a diservice to her because sometimes it is just easier and faster to do it yourself and now that she has to do these things for herself she is lost 9 times out of 10. 

I love the way the book is organized and all the information is laid out for you, anyone can follow. The chore charts help, the side note tips are all very relevant and not something most folks think about when they are not already in the business of keeping a home or apartment clean. Heck, there were even a few things in there that I never considered or even thought about-- shaving cream on the mirrors!

Definitely a keeper of a book! Might even get a copy for each of my brothers, even though they moved out a while ago now :)

Home-Ec 101: Skills for Everyday Living by Heather Solos can be purchase on Amazon or at Barnes and Noble.

Disclosure: A copy of this book was provided to me for free in return for my honest review. No other form of compensation was offered to me.