Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Send Me Away With the Words of a Love Song

Halfway through Kentucky the song, If I Die Young by The Band Perry, came on over the radio. I was already familiar with the group, but it was the first time any of us heard this song.  If you haven't heard it yet, it's a beautiful song sure to stir up tons of emotions if you have ever known someone that has died young. 



It also called to mind, Anne of Green Gables, and all four of us immediately dubbed it Anne's song. Funny enough, when we got home and watched the music video, there was a book of poetry by Tennyson and a scene similar to Anne's. 



Since then I have listened to it dozens of times, and every time I see my pearls I start humming the song. It's the only time I have wanted to style a saddish song. Two of the pieces I have been lusting over for a long time now (the dress and boots). And, now that I see the dress and the cutout boots together I have decided to keep the salmon earrings I found in Spain and listed in my vintage jewelry store on Etsy.
If I Die Young
Ever styled a song before?