Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's Blooming Today

Taking that vacation at the peak of summer meant missing some of the best blooms in the garden. The bright orange Asiatic lilies, yellow daisies, and red geraniums galore. Missed all of it. 

But after a couple years of trying to whip the gardens around the house into shape-- there's the herb, shade, rain, water, sun, lawn, drive and rock gardens-- I can now enjoy something at every point of the season, and fall, spring and winter too!

Here's a look at what's blooming today!

Funny enough, I find that during the summer months I just naturally shop for and dress in the colors of my favorite flowers-- a lot of bright pinks, purples and even pinkish orange. 

This month's flea market turned up a few flowered treasures too. My fave:
This is actually a clip on earring, but I was staring at it sitting there on my desk, grabbed a pipe cleaner and tied it to my finger. Think I am going to work it into a necklace and do my own version of those fab Dior enamel necklaces.
Also picked up two sets of vintage screw back metal flower earrings. The style was popular back then, but each pair has something different-- I have four diff ones now. 

What's blooming in your garden?