Saturday, December 10, 2011

Smuckers Cinnamon Strawberry Jam Twists

Smuckers jams are my favorites (besides the jam flavors that I experiment with and make myself) and the only brand I can use on buttermilk biscuits. Even though I cook year round, I tend to bake a lot more as soon as fall comes and the mood extends well past the holidays and into late winter. Today, I decided to make something with the jars of jam Smuckers sent me to try out-- Cinnamon Strawberry Jam Twists (a recipe I memorized from a magazine but never turn out as pictured). Fabulous!

What You Need
1 Puff Pastry Sheet
1/4 cup jam
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon



What You Do
1. Lay out pastry sheet and cut in half down the middle. 
2. Spread one pastry sheet with a semi thick layer of jam-- I go pretty thin, because it makes the twisting job easier, but if you like the flavor add a lot.
3. Place the second pastry sheet on top of the sheet with jam spread over it. 
4. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on the pastry sheet and press into the dough, flip and do the same to the other side of the pastry sheet.  
5. Cut the pastry jam sandwich into half inch strips, twist and place on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. 
6. Pop strips into the fridge for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400.
7. Bake in oven for ten minutes, flip and bake another 5 minutes. 
8. Enjoy!

I used both Apricot Peach and Strawberry. Now, the original recipe has you rolling out the sheets so that they are thin straws, but I like them puffy because they remind me of churros!
Divide

Cut

Twist