Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Demise of My Life on Account of Pinterest


Years ago I was so focused, so driven. I rarely used the internet, even though it made everything easier. 

I keep telling myself I don't know what happened. But I do. Pinterest was definitely not the first, and it won't be the last. Books have always been there, screwing things up, monopolizing my time, taking up all the space- in the house and my head. 
 

The last year or so has been Evernote. I love Evernote. What's insane about Evernote is that I not only use it to organize and remember everything that I see, read, want, hear, but to further organize and catalog everything that I have ever organized. Its insane!



I can't focus, can't concentrate, can't get anything done on account of Pinterest right now. It really is ruining my life. I am totally in Lala Land. 


I tried doing with Pinterest what I did with Facebook. Ignored it, refused to login, shut off the alerts. And then when I abso could not resist I would allow myself to browse Pinterest, but was forbidden from repinning or pinning. 

But then Missy was all, "what's Pinterest and how do you use it?"  So the two of us sat in bed, pinning, and calling shoes, dresses, books, and doodads that the other was not allowed to get. I fought back the urge to shove her off the bed :)

MY PINTEREST!


Before you knew it, I'm knee deep in pins. It's Tuesday. Weekends gone, I'm still pinning and telling myself I can't do any of the projects I've pinned because I need to catch up on the work I pushed aside to pin but can't get said work done because I can't focus on account of all the Pinterest ideas. 

See how exhausting it is? Pinterest has ruined my life. I'm barely hanging on.

Source: 1x.com via Kirsten on Pinterest
  


I should take Zorro's lead and just sit on the damn laptop. And no, I don't have a picture of that because he only does it the second I turn my back or walk from the room because he knows he's being bad.