Floutas are one of those dishes that I never even consider sharing because it was always one of those common dishes that we just had whenever. On account of my dad's health scare it has been a while since we have had floutas or any fried food, but I needed something quick and meatless to cook with stuff that was already in the fridge so floutas it was.
Floutas with potato filling are the family's favorite and it also happens to be the cheapest and lent friendly. I took the pictures in the kitchen, while juggling two other cooking dishes (rice and beans), so the quality is not the best in the half lit room, but you get the idea. I was cooking for 8, and usually do so its hard for me to break it down, but I'll try.
Ingredients for 4:
2 lbs potatoes
2 dozen tortillas (corn works best)
Sour Cream/Guacamole/Salsa for dipping
What You Do:
1. Cook potatoes in a pot with water till a fork can enter potatoes without resistance.
2. Remove potato skins. Place potatoes in a large bowl, lightly break up with fork or potato masher. Add salt and two tablespoons dried cilantro to potatoes and mix in.
3. Heat tortillas up on griddle till for one minute on each side. Add cooking oil to flat cooking pan, just enough to fry floutas in on each side, heat.
4. Lay tortilla flat, add a line of potato filling to one end of tortilla and roll tortilla up. Secure floutas with toothpick. Repeat with second flouta and add to toothpick (so you have two to a toothpick).
5. Add floutas to cooking oil in pan and fry till golden brown on each side. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to cool a bit.
6. Dip in your favorite topping and enjoy!
We usually finish off the meal with frijoles and Spanish rice! Enjoy!
- Salute to Girl Scouts at Kennedy Space Center
- In the Stars: Celestial Daily Deals Shopping Guide...
- Lenten Cooking: Potato Floutas
- Fringe for the Fringe!
- The Demise of My Life on Account of Pinterest
- Shamrockin' It
- 2012 ESCONI Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show #Chicago
- Happy 100th Birthday Girl Scouts of USA!!
- Eau de Tangerine! Taking Cues From the Garden
- #Chicago Flower and Garden Show, Hort Couture!
- The One in Which We Went to Space! #Travel #NASA
- War Dance & The Patongo Fund
- Amazon GC Giveaway for Twitter Followers!
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2011 (138)