Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chicago Event: International Gem and Jewelry Show

Last year I was super excited to be able to attend the International Gem and Jewelry Show in Chicago for the first time. I remember reading about the show when I was very young and had my own subscription to Rock and Gem, so actually being able to go was very exciting. 
One of the perks of living in a city like Chicago is that big shows like this are sure to pull in-- twice a year. That's right, this weekends show is the spring edition, and around Labor Day will be the Fall edition! Unfortunately, I timed the show wrong this year (its usually in Chicago Memorial Day weekend, but I guess someone finally listened to the complaints about both summer holiday weekends in the same city) so I will not be able to go. It also means I am too late to share the link to Free event tickets with you-- they're all gone. 


About the show though, if you love jewelry, making jewlery or ever had the desire to be blinded by an overwhelming amount of diamonds. GO! You know that coconut song with the line, "Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head!" Okay, I was so overwhelmed by the bling for the first 30 minutes that I literally walked around singing that line out loud. 
 
Source: bbc.co.uk via shayna on Pinterest


Because I enjoy making my own pieces, I went crazy at all the vendor booths that sold beads, loose gemstones and tons of supplies. It was hard checking out all the pieces though, you'll see everything there from fine jewelry to handcrafted pieces. The sky is the limit in what you are going to see. 

DONALD E. STEPHENS CONVENTION CENTER
[Hall A]
5555 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
MAY 4-6, 2012
SHOW HOURS:
Friday       12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday   10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday     11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tickets:    One low ticket price good for all three days [$8.00] or you can purchase advance DISCOUNTED tickets [$6.00] at www.ticketderby.com
  
And for next time, register for an account at Goldstar and get your tickets for free! Even if you don't live in Chicago or are interested in this show, Goldstar have discounted tickets to all kinds of events, shows, and concerts.