Yardsellr is a social online yardsale, powered through (but not affiliated with) Facebook. The best part is that its free to list and sell! Buyers do have to pay a small fee with each item purchased, but a lot of sellers take this into account and dole out Photons, which is like online currency,
to help reduce the price of items as much as possible. I like to think of it as eBay without all the fees!
I kinda put a couple things up at first, ignored the site and when the listings expired, just forgot about it. After doing some shopping, and reading the blog, I realized that I could help my sales along.
- Obvious things like pictures, good descriptions and pricing make a huge difference
- Photon pricing attracts buyers, think of them as coupons! New members get $5 when you sign up and members can give them out, so try and price things that with shipping so they can use their photons on both.
Shipping at $3
So list price would be $4
Buyer can use $4 photon credit and get book & shipping free!!
- If members show interest and comment, give them a Photon gift.
- Know that money is not immediately deposited into your account, but buyers pay Yardsellr and the site pays you once tracking info is confirmed
- Payment can be collected via Paypal or check, 1-2 days with PP
- Pay shipping and tracking via PP and save money!
I have found some really cute things and haven't spent more than $1 for any of it.
- Use the photons you get if there is something you want.
- When you rack up photons and want to shop, hit the pause button because it counts down with time.
- If there is a particular shop or seller that you know you really want something from, don't feel shy about commenting on their sales and asking if they can give you a photon gift. However, do not go around commenting and asking for photons from every sale you click on. You will get marked as a spammer and sellers have a limited amount of gifts to give before they have to start buying them.
Check out my Yardsale HERE!
When was the last time you sold something online, and what site did you use?