Last week I talked a little about beauty issues some of us deal with-- there are apparently a lot of people out there dealing with the same things. One of the things that I mentioned right off the bat was that although my sisters and I all have different skin tones, we deal with a lot of the same skin tone issues in different ways.
With summer here, the girls and I are all conscientious about what we wear and how our skin looks. Every gone shopping with four girls? The fitting room is not quiet and there is a lot of lamenting and grumbling. Sleeveless, spaghetti strap, strapless tops- you get the picture-- are all concerns for worry when it comes to blemishes and even skin tone.
Fortunately, some beauty disasters, or stresses, are easier to avoid, prevent, and fix, than others. When it comes to dark marks appearing on your underarms, or uneven skintone, there is a lot you can do to avoid this specific embarrassing beauty disaster.
Try these tips:
Use Dove Clear Tone Deodorant
Dove's new clear tone deodorant is created to lighten dark marks that might appear on underarms and even out skin color. With regular use, the color of your skin will improve and lighten.
Exfoliating your underarms can remove some of the dead skin cells that have built up and left behind dark marks. You might not even realize that this is an issue till you scrub. Try a gentle and natural sugar scrub for the best results.
Wax Instead of Shaving
If you are like my sisters and have dark hair but very fair skin, you might want to consider waxing instead of shaving. When you shave, your hair might still be visible, giving the appearance of dark skin. The twins had their introduction to waxing a couple weeks ago and they are still very unhappy about the whole episode.
Moisturize with Vitamin E
Just like the rest of your skin needs moisturizing and pampering, so does the skin on your underarms. Vitamin E is a great way to even out your skin tone and keep dead skin cells from building up. Apply once or twice a week.
Following these tips will have you ready to bare all (ok, not all)at the beach in no time!
I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All the opinions expressed here are my own.
- A Garden Party It Is, Sweet 16 or Quince Party The...
- They Like Me, They Really Like Me! Verizon Wireles...
- Best #Chicago Deals and Events for the Week of 7/2...
- What My Dare to Bare Beauty Regiment Looks Like #D...
- Hellmann's Real at the Food & Wine Classic, and #R...
- A Day At The Brookfield Zoo #Chicago #Travel
- How To Avoid Some of Those Embarrassing Beauty Dis...
- I Can't Believe I Can Still Get Her To Do What I W...
- I Met Melinda Carroll, Girl Scouts' Rock Star!!!
- Cool Off This Summer With the Winter Park Play Fre...
- Add Dove Clear Tone Deodorant To Your Bridal Beaut...
- Review Restaurants with the New YP App!
- Positively American Food and Smore's Brownies! #Re...
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2011 (138)