Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Better State of Mind With Enrique and JLo in My Life #EnriqueJLoTour

Guess who got to go see the Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez Concert here in Chicago? ME! You can win a VIP concert experience too-- read through to the bottom to find out how.


I wouldn't say that I grew up on Latin music, I grew up on the oldies, though I did hear plenty of Latin music playing around me. It wasn't the kind of Latin music I wanted to hear then, or really even listen to now. Banda is not for me and mariachi music is pretty much occasion related. Now, if you have spent any amount of time reading through my blog, you know that Latin music now makes up about 90% of what I listen to. I'm more of a Latin rock kinda girl, but I listen to Latin pop when I need motivating or have to drive, and then there is flamenco fusion, salsa and cumbia or tropical when I'm feeling the need to wander the globe.

Enrique and Jennifer were there in the very beginning though, and their music has played on throughout my life. The first latin music album I ever bought was, Enrique Iglesias followed by Cosas del Amor-- I can still sing every track on both of those albums by heart, in order too!  Bailamos, Para de Jugar and Cosas del Amor were the songs that really changed a lot of things for me. It was the first time my friends actually liked a song that I liked, when I really started embracing the fact that I was Latina and when I started speaking Spanish again.
OMG! It's Enrique!!!
Right between those two albums, the film, Selena, came out, and that threw everyone I knew into a Jennifer Lopez and Selena frenzy. After I bought a couple Selena albums, I picked up JLo's first, On the 6. There are so many memories attached to that album, like singing the lyrics to, Let's Get Loud, with new friends at the top of my lungs on a boat in the middle of Puget Sound.  
She's still Jenny from the Block, big thanks to Suburbancouponmom for the pic!
I have to admit that I pouted through Enrique's English albums, but I never stopped listening. New college friends that listened to Hero (my abso favorite song) and Don't Turn out the Lights were open to hearing more of the Latin music I loved, some of my friends were even willing to trade in a night of swing dancing for salsa dancing. 
Enrique was looking for me, lol!
Back in Chicago it was all about dancing to good music every weekend. Loved, Do You Know and Dimelo, but I was so glad when he did his bilingual album, Euphoria, because I love singing to his music in Spanish. Still love it when songs from this album come on over a radio somewhere. 
Right now its all about, I Like How It Feels! Have you seen the video, hilarious (Watch all the way through to the end). 

Needless to say, Missy and I had a great time at the Enrique and Jennifer Lopez concert-- we've both been listening to their music non-stop since. If you missed the Chicago concert, or can't make the concert near you, you can still win a VIP concert experience with the State Farm® JLO & Enrique Sweepstakes!

The Prize
- VIP concert experience in Miami
- State Farm will bring one lucky winner to a better state with a trip to Miami to attend a VIP concert and give the opportunity to meet Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias.

How To Enter
- Visit the State Farm Latino Facebook Page and enter via sweepstakes page
- Concert goers can also enter at the State Farm booths
- Enter between July 20th and August 20th

Good Luck! 

*Disclosure: I was compensated for this post with 2 tickets to the Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez concert. All opinions are my own.*