Dove has been behind a push for women and girls to see their beauty for a few years now. Knowing that we are beautiful is not something that many young women and girls will allow themselves, and that's sad because there is beauty in everyone. I remember having heart to hearts with my younger sisters when they were as young as ten, and according to some research Dove conducted its pretty much about the time girls start worrying about their looks.
According to Dove research:
- In girls aged 10-17, 72% feel pressure to look beautiful
- In the same age range, only 11% use the word beautiful to describe themselves (isn't that sad)
Dove has noticed this too, which is why they are launching “Let’s Talk”, the theme of the third annual Dove Self-Esteem Weekend taking place Oct.5-7 nationwide.
• A kick-off event in New York is set to spark a national conversation, with partner events nationwide, a Kroger sponsored event at Boys & Girls Clubs in Cincinnati and special display areas at Walmart stores
- Dove is partnering with Girl Scouts of the U.S.A, Girls Inc, and Boys & Girls Clubs in a silent march to Times Square
- Visit ViveMejor.com to access free tools, including a discussion guide, to help the young women in your life
- Visit Dove.com to learn more about the partners mentioned
*Disclosure: This post is compensated and in collaboration with Dove and Latina Bloggers Connect, all opinions are my own.*