Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sean Astin's Vox Populi Radio Show Begins May 1st! #RaiseYourVox

*Disclosure: I am excited to partner with Sean to promote his radio show. He is sending me a gift as a thank you, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.*

So, I am sure y'all know who Sean Astin is-- Goonies, Lord of the Rings, Rudy and most recently his own political radio show, Vox Populi

Okay, so maybe you recognize the guy but didn't know about his radio show, Vox Populi. Sean is interested in politics, and he likes to get the casually political involved types talking about politics.
I occasionally talk about politics here, on my blog, because like Sean, I'm interested in politics. I come from a family that occasionally involves itself in local politics with each generation, and even though I leave running for office to the other folks in my family, I do see, enjoy and recognize the need to talk politics. 


After hearing more about Sean's Vox Populi Radio show, which means "The Voice of the People in Latin, I knew it was something I would be interested in, and there are bound to be some of you that want to check it out.  The Season 2 starts on May 1st on the new network, TradioV. Astin shares his interest of politics with "the occasionally interested people" and he genuinely wants people to understand what is happening in government and current affairs. The goal of the show really is to offer intellectual discussion, hear what people are talking about and what concerns them. 

I can't wait for his first show, I have the feeling Missy will be listening in with me-- did I tell you my little sis is an elected official! Couldn't be prouder :)

His broadcast airs Thursdays 12-2PT on TradioV.com 

You can learn more about the show at:
Sean's Twitter: www.twitter.com/HostVoxPopuli
Sean's FB: www.facebook.com/VoxPopuliRadio
Sean's YT: www.youtube.com/user/HostVoxPopuli 



Tonight there is going to be a Twitter Party to help kick off the new season. If you've never done a Twitter party, they're tons of fun, but move super fast so be ready for lots of chat and engaging convo!

Party Info:
#RaiseYourVox Twitter party Saturday night, April 26th, 5:30pm PT/8:30pm ET
RSVP link: http://bit.ly/SeanChat
Host: @HostVoxPopuli @crazyadventures
Co-hosts: @seanastin @LindaofNote @ENMNetwork @Leah_Cevoli
Panelists: @MamaDweeb @StacieinAtlanta @1momof5
Prize Patrol: @SincerelyG
Prizes to be given away: two personalized autographed pictures, one autographed poster, and a grand prize "prize pack" with an autographed picture and Vox-branded items, including a Vox t-shirt!


If you end up listening in, make sure to come back and tell me what you think!